I wanted to share with you a mixed-media tag. UHK Gallery has a challenge every month with tags. April tag has to have words and something metal. I’m really last minute.
To make my tag I used:
- Tim Holtz” Tag and Bookplates” die ;
- Distress Paints: picket fence, picked raspberry, broken china, mustard seed, black soot, peeled paint, fired brick;
- Stencils- Paper Artsy Stencil 003 (ELB), Dylusions- Letter Jumble;
- Modelling paste;
- Stamps- Craft Origine “Enjoy”, “Be Happy”,
- Paper Artsy Treasure Silver;
- Golden acrylic paint (transparent red iron oxide);
- Metal snippets (used in sawing I don’t really know the exact name);
I began with cutting out my tag with craft paper. I painted the background with gesso and after I used distress paints to colour it. I applied modelling past through stencil for the poppies and on the heart for the letters. When paste was dry I applied colour to poppies and heart. For more texture I also applied Treasure Silver to the heart and distressed the tag.
On separate piece of card stock I stamped sentiment with archival ink and cut out only parts of stamp that I needed.
I stuck sentiment and heart to tag and finished it off with metal snippets.
Have a look:
I had so much fun making this tag. I discovered those snippets in my local antique shop and I love them, will definitely make more things using them.
That is all for now. Happy crafting and see you soon. 🙂